Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Lily of the Valley

I got these flowers from the plants shown on the ground below, almost as high as the feet. One plant consists of 2 leaves and a bunch of flowers like this. They have a very nice scent, I bet they can be used as perfume! I picked several of them (a lot hidden underneath the leaves, almost as if they want to kiss the earth), together with some other flowers from other weeds or trees and placed them in a vase. Posted by Hello




Update: My friend's mom told me it was Lily of the Valley...then the next day I saw it on magazine for sale! This morning, I dug out a bunch of them (they were located under the big tree that stood as one of the "guards at the entry point to our driveway) and transplanted them to our garden. Prior to that I tilled the soil in one spot of our lawn where there are small trees and lots of grass around them, along with a stump. I figured it would be better to put them there because they might probably need the shade. I will see tomorrow if they will overcome the initial shock...

No comments: